Skip to content
Code of Ethics
- Any athlete, official, judge or NGPA affiliate by participation agrees to abide & honour the NGPA Code Of Ethics as laid out in annex A of this document.
- NGPA QUALIFYING SHOWS Any show or competition that allows Amateur Athletes to be selected to compete in the NGPA National/World Final shall be considered a qualifying show. Exceptionally, there may be shows or competitions to which the NGPA have no direct formal involvement but through prearranged agreements Athletes may be selected through that event’s judging processes.
- At all NGPA qualifying shows the following classes will be offered: MEN LADIES JUNIOR BODYBUILDING BIKINI NOVICE BIKINI NOVICE BODYBUILDING MASTERS BIKINI MASTER OVER 40’S, WELLNESS, NOVICE WELLNESS, FIGURE, MEN’S PHYSIQUE, JUNIOR MEN’S PHYSIQUE , MASTER’S MEN’S PHYSIQUE, CLASSIC PHYSIQUE * Entry Rules All athletes, with no exception, must be a member of the NGPA & pay the show registration fee before any participation on stage.
- It is the competing athletes’ responsibility to make themselves aware of all relevant competition rules & adhere to them. Variations to classes, omissions to classes & additional classes are at the discretion of the promoter but must be approved by the head judge.
- Athletes may only compete in one single class in any of the qualifying classes per show. Promoters may put on other classes outside of the qualifying classes such as local area competitions & these can be entered additionally.
- Any age relative class will require the athlete to produce ID at registration. The minimum age to compete in any NGPA event is 16 years old.
- All qualifying shows will operate as a run-through event. Athletes will go on stage, participate & then receive placings, trophies, invitations, etc.
- No background music shall include swear words, blasphemy or promote violence or racial hatred. In any instances of this happening the music will be stopped. Lewd or gratuitous posing is not permitted.
- Athletes must not lie on the stage as part of their individual routines. The head judge has in exceptional cases the authority to remove or to not allow an athlete to step on stage if it is felt that the athlete has not reached a basic minimum standard required for a competitive athlete.
- NGPA CRITERIA MEN’S CLASSES Men’s Bodybuilding Classes The following Classes fall within the categorisation of Men’s Bodybuilding; Junior Bodybuilding, Novice Bodybuilding, Masters Over 40s .